Child psychiatrists are trained to understand the unique dynamics of child development and the way that psychiatric disorders can affect it. They can provide both therapy and medication management for children and their families.
If you think your child may have a mental health disorder, it's important to seek help from a child psychiatrist as soon as possible. Early diagnosis and treatment can often lead to better http://www.ceskaskola.cz/2018/08/psychiatr-michal-goetz-zhruba-13.html outcomes. If you're not sure whether your child needs help, here are some signs that may indicate that he or she could benefit from treatment:
- recurring problems with schoolwork or social interaction
- significant changes in mood or behavior
- impulsivity that may cause accidents or injury
- prolonged, extreme mood swings
- signs of child abuse or neglect
- persistent feelings of sadness, hopelessness, worthlessness, helplessness, guilt, anger, apathy
- multiple complaints from teachers or other adults about a child's behavior or abilities in school
- excessive worries and fears that interfere with the child's daily activities.
Well Known Celebrity child psychiatrist: Peter Handal - I hear he is a legit doctor outside the entertainment industry as well if you'd like to look into his credentials. Here is a link showing articles where he has been quoted aiding child stars.